Monday, December 21, 2009

Our First SRFHC Staff Christmas Luncheon

Saturday, December 19th, was our first SRFHC Staff Christmas Luncheon. I think it has been a tradition that was started by the McDowell's two or three years ago. When Lynette first told me about it - I about died! We just finished the November Seminar - Thanksgiving - and Christmas. Where would be find the time or energy??? We thought about having it catered by someone in our ward - but I had mixed feeling about that since it is the center's money. As it turned out, the person we had in mind was going to be out of town for Christmas and not available. I thought it must be a sign that I the job was mine.

I called in all my favors -and then some - to help with the luncheon and entertainment. I didn't want people to just show up and eat and leave. I wanted it to be something more. Fortunately, Ed and I choose our friends well.... Scott Seamons has a beautiful voice and agreed to SERVE and SING!

Susan Seamons cooked all the hams and helped with the set-up and clean-up. Judy Sisco helped me make a frozen salad - cooked potatoes - raspberry sauce for the cheesecake - borrowed the tablecloths from the ward - helped with set-up and clean-up. Julie Rackley made all the favors. You are probably wondering what I did...just worried, shopped, and made the program.


We had about 75 people attend and it was a great afternoon. The food was excellent - even if I do say so myself - the entertainment was SPECTACULAR - and President Harrison gave a brief Christmas message and expressed a
heartfelt 'thank you' for the hours of service to the center. It was a good day - glad it is behind us - but it was appreciated by those in attendance. I think we did a great job!

Many who attended asked for the recipe for the Date Souffle Salad...so here it is!
8 oz.    Cream cheese - softened
1/2 C.     Maple Syrup
1 TBL.    Lemon juice
8 oz.    Crushed pineapple
1/2 C.    Chopped pecans
1/2 C.    Chopped dates
2 C.    Cool whip
Mix cream cheese and all ingredients together - EXCEPT the cool whip.  After ingredients are mixed - FOLD in the cool whip.  Put in lined muffin tins and FREEZE.  About 30 minutes before eating take the salad out of the freezer.  Makes 12-15 muffins tins.

No comments: