Well, the weather is changing and finally warm enough to take out the BLUE ORG. Saturday was a partial work day here cleaning the pool. It had to be done because we were growing strains of bacteria with suspicious appendages that look like teeth. After the extermination, I decided to treat myself with a brief motorcycle ride around the area. But I’m getting ahead of myself and you the reader. I must go back in time to last June. A good and dear friend, Scott Seamons, and I had been talking for several months that motorcycles in our lives would make them complete. Our women would roll their eyes and look at us as though we were deranged. When I would speak of the beauty of a ‘Boulevard Cruiser’ and how good I would look on it…Linda would do her best to ignore me. But we knew. In June, Scott shows up at my home riding this nearly new Harley-Davidson. It was very beautiful and very loud and very cool. I was so happy for him. Not long after that the two of us took a motorcycle riding class at one of the local JC’s. It was such fun. Britt saw how excited I was to be riding again (I hadn’t been on a motorcycle since my Navy days) so he went out and bought us two used bikes. A Suzuki for me and a Yamaha for him. It was totally unexpected and so nice of him to do that for me. Going on, in August, I got my motorcycle addition to my driver’s license and began riding with the big boys on Saturday’s and any other time we could work out. Well, one cannot have a motorcycle and not look good so the apparel and the accoutrements that attend being a serious ‘rider‘ followed shortly. Fast forward now to October 2009 during which Pat and Shyla came down for a brief visit. One afternoon the men of the clan (me, Britt, and Pat) went to one of the local motorcycle shops to check out what was new. And there is was!!! A 2006 Boulevard C-50 Cruiser royal Blue with grey trim. It called my name and begged me to take it home…which I did a couple of weeks later. (Britt now has the Suzuki and he sold the Yamaha) It is very beautiful and very loud and very cool and very fast. The pictures attached will attest to the coolness of it. I do look good when mounted up on that comfortable black seat with my riding boots and leather jacket or vest. It is the essence of coolness which will be hard to duplicate. Life is good!! One day, in person, I will tell you the complete name of this beauty. For now it’s the “BLUE ORG.” TTFN




1 comment:
I wanna see pictures!
Post a Comment